This post is not really huge one, but something that is vital to the success of my career. I'm just writing about how I've been using social media to further advance my career. I have had a Linkedin account for awhile but never filled out all the information completely. So recently I did a major overhaul on my Linkedin account. I completed each section and updated all the information. All my current employment and education information is up to date as well as experience. This took awhile to do but now that it is done I have a professional resume online that I can send to potential employers. I can also start creating a network of people I have worked with.
Besides the Linkedin updates I have also re-worked my website. I added a studio blog, some pictures, updated the 'about' section, and updated the audio samples. This too needed to be done because I have done some great projects that I wanted to put in the sample section but never got around to doing. I have also purchased new equipment and needed to update that page. I have also been using Hootsuite to manage all my social media accounts. This is really coming in handy. I am still using my studio Twitter account and studio Facebook page. Now that I have some new knowledge on how to get the most out of social networking I am really starting to use that to my advantage and help build my network.
Here are links to my social networking sites:
Homeroom Studios
Studio Facbook
Personal Linkedin
No comments:
Post a Comment