Lately I have been really focused on marketing myself and my studio. I have had new business cards printed with my updated website and info. I also designed the business card to be more professional and serve two purposes. The cards can be used as both personal and studio related. I have my personal email and contact information as well as my studio name and website. This way I don't need to carry around two types of cards.
I have also been using people I currently have in my network to spread the word about me and my studio. I do this through polite conversation. When I record a band or am talking with someone I beginning talking with them about their goals for their band or interests. This then turns the conversation to me eventually and I begin to talk about my studio and career goals. The person I am talking with then offers to help spread the word about my studio and my services. If it is a band I am recording they offer to tell people how great the studio was and to post links on Facebook and spread the word. If the person I am talking with is not a client I hand them some business cards and they offer to pass them out. So through talking and networking I am developing an unofficial street team for myself and my studio.
I am going to continue to use this method to build my network Although I am still going out to places and continuing to meet people in person. This method provides a little extra help.
here is a photo of the new business cards I have created:

No comments:
Post a Comment