Tuesday, January 11, 2011

'Dinner Party For Three' recording

      I have been working with this band for a while now.  I've been recording them out of my home studio as opposed to the studio I work at.  They are a three piece band that play indie rock music.  They saw my website and wanted to record.  They came in for a few days to lay down the tracks and then came back for some editing sessions.  I recorded everything into Protools 8.  I miked the drums with a full setup and using a stereo pair of Rode NT5's as overheads.  The kick and snare were stacked with sample layers to help treat the quality of the drums.  A Blue Bluebird microphone was used on vocals.

     I used a three mic setup on the guitars which used two close mics and one room mic to capture ambience.  They recorded six songs with me.  All songs were recorded, mixed, edited, and mastered by me using Pro Tools 8 and mastered in Sony Sound Forge 10 Pro. Some experimenting was done while finding guitar sounds and a Digidesign Eleven Rack was used to add some interesting guitar tracks.  A couple of the songs involved some complicated mixing using a variety of effect routing to achieve some great sounds.  There was some nice reverbs and delay that I found worked well with the vocals and complimented the style of music.  All in all it was a great project and very fun to work with these guys.

other songs from the project can be found at the band's myspace:  www.myspace.com/dinnerpartyforthreemusic

Audio Clip: Click Here
                (song owned by 'Dinner Party For Three' band)
Singer getting ready to record vocals

guitarist finding his tone

me at the board mixing





equipment hyperlink images come from my home studio website:  www.homeroomstudios.com

No comments:

Post a Comment